Wednesday, September 19, 2007


I love my children...they are a gift from God, but sometimes the best gifts are those that teach you something. Isn't it funny how God knows that. He shows me daily how he loves me by giving me the gift of a child. Just like I try my patience with God, those boys of mine do the same. Like I throw fits with God, those boys do the same to me. Just as I am disobedient to God, my boys are disobedient to me. Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever done. I can only image how God feels sometimes.

This week we made the decision to take my middle child out of Kindergarten and put him in a preparatory class that only meets four days a week with 1/2 days. I love my Garrett so much and have toiled with the decision to put him in kindergarten for months. This kid is very bright, has a great sense of humor, and can be very witty at times, but is not ready for an 8 hour day of complete structure. His social maturity just needs some more time.

I can't help but apply everything back to my spiritual walk with God. So hear is my life lesson on this topic. God knows how we are...how we will mature in him... and how some individuals grow spiritually faster than others. The joy is that his grace ...patience...love... and acceptance is all we need to further or walk. He knows that some of us are going to take longer to get it than others. He knows that some of us will need a little extra time to turn to him. Just as I have given my little boy another chance to grow and mature by waiting, forgiving, and loving him along the way... Christ does the same for me. Thanks to Garrett for teaching me a wonderful life lesson. I love you and you are still my favorite 5 year old in the whole wide world.

1 comment:

ÐRISTLÆCNES said...

Family:

Gotta love 'em but you don;t have to like 'em!

http://dristlaecnes.blogspot.com/