Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pizza grease


I am so proud of my kids when they make healthy choices like grabbing an apple or banana for a snack. Sometimes I am also proud of them when they imitate my husband and I as we make healthy decisions in a not so healthy situation.
Last week we took the boys to Godfather's Pizza because my son had a free kids pizza from a perfect attendance school certificate. I looked over at my oldest and youngest and they were tabbing their pizza with napkins just like my husband and I. The cool thing is that I did not make my boys do it, they just did it because my husband and I were doing it. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!!!


Blotting pizza makes it healthier: True.
People who blot their pizza always look neurotic. But, they are saving themselves from consuming extra fat and calories. By blotting the grease on top of a pizza with a napkin, you'll eliminate at least 4.5 grams of fat per slice.



1 comment:

littlemamak said...

I did not know that! Thanks for the tip. Good to see turkey burgers are better for you! That is what I have been making since I cut out red meat. See you tomorrow!